Join The Good Guys & Girls At Karma Cola - Sth Island Sales Ambassador
We're looking for a switched on, street smart sales person to join the Karma Cola team and run the South Island.
June 14th 2016
Karma Cola is the world’s fairest organic soft drink. We’ve made a promise to be good for growers, good for the land and as good for our customers as fizzy drinks can be and we’re working on becoming the world’s most popular ethical cola.
Our drinks are sold in over 3000 of the best cafes, coffee shops, restaurants and bars around the world, and selected retailers and indie grocers.
We're looking for somebody based in Christchurch to help us deliver our promise and to make sure Karma Cola is well represented in the South Island. The Karma Cola range also includes Gingerella Ginger Ale, Lemmy Lemonade, five sparkling fruit flavour bombs and 4 Dry sparkling drinks, with no added sugar. We also distribute a full range of organic juices, tonics and coconut water.
Is it you we’re looking for?
We’re looking for a bright, energetic person with sales experience and street smarts to help us grow sales through our existing accounts, develop fantastic account relationships, find and deliver new opportunities and manage our trade marketing.
To be our ideal candidate you’ll have experience in growing and managing a sales pipeline for existing business and prospective opportunities. You’ll be self-motivated, happy to work independently, and also able to work with a team to realise opportunities all the way through to the first orders and ongoing loyal business.
Your primary responsibility will be ensuring we meet our sales targets in the South Island by working alongside our distribution team, based in Auckland.
As Karma Cola’s Sales Ambassador your responsibilities will be:
- Sales Activation – seeking out new business opportunities, bringing them on board.
- The Karma Cola brand – ensuring the Karma Cola story is being told effectively in best outlets in the South Island.
- Relationship Building – establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing accounts.
- Trade Marketing – manage and execute distribution of marketing material, POS. Working closely with the New Zealand marketing team for consumer marketing/messages.
- Social Media, PR & Events – contributing to the Instagram account with photos and occasionally organising sponsorship of local events, making sure drinks get there and Karma Cola is well represented. Helping our PR person if they need stock.
You’ll be able to manage your own time and get the best sales results for the South Island region. As we’re a small team we’ll be relying on you to be conscientious, collaborative and help us continue to learn from our collective experience, delivering more together than we can apart.
The nitty gritty.
As Sales and Marketing Manager you’ll need to have:
- 2 years + experience in sales team and key account management
- A genuine passion for Karma Cola
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Great verbal, written communication and negotiation skills
- Be a team player
- Be prepared to lug a few boxes around if needed
- Experience running events or if not experience then confidence to do so
- An interest in premium food and drinks, and the hospitality scene.
- A good understanding of the opportunities available for Karma Cola and the sales channels where we can make a real difference.
Hours: Full-time- starting ASAP!
Title: South Island Sales Ambassador
Reports to: James Boshier, National sales manager
Please email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP or by Feb 27th 2017